Thursday, June 3, 2010

nervous breakdown.

  So I had a nervous breakdown Friday late afternoon and totally forgot my camera at the office - so that means zero pictures were taken this weekend! I am sorry! Why did I have a breakdown you ask? Well, let me tell you - Alexx called Friday and said the car broke down on 35 - he was on his way to pick up Chase and Zoey - I leave work to go pick him up. He called a tow truck to come pick up the car and haul it back to the house - we didn't want to leave the car there as it was in "da hood" on 35. We waited and waited for the tow truck, but finally had to leave because I had to get back to the office and I HAD TO PICK UP MY NEW CAR! So the tow guy calls and says hes about 20 minutes away, so he assures us we don't need to be there and he take the car straight to the house. We leave and run our errands and then head to Dallas again to pick up the kids, as we are getting close to the break down spot we see the car - we were wondering why it was still there and then we get a call from the insurance company - "the tow man called and said he can not take the car because you have no steering wheel" WTF? Honestly Alexx and I started laughing and told them he must be at the wrong car because we have a steering wheel and we could see the car and there was no tow there. We pull up behind the car and holy moly the steering wheel has been ripped off and is sitting in the front seat! Needless to say a few choice words were yelled into south Dallas air around 4:30pm that afternoon. We then sat behind the car for almost 2 hours waiting for another tow truck to come! We were late picking up the kids. We were late for my dads birthday party. At first we thought someone had tried to steal the car, but things weren't making any sense with that. We have had the car looked at and the way the metal shaft is twisted and ripped it looks like the first tow truck driver may have done it. We think he was trying to straighten up the wheels and was pulling to hard on the steering wheel. UGH! We are now working with the insurance company on getting this fixed.  So at that point my nerves were shot. As we were leaving the crap car to get the kids (after the second tow truck was there) a Yukon started spinning out of control on the highway - and hit 2 cars and pushed them into the suicide wall - the fact that they came inches of me and my new car really sent me over the edge so when I see the guy haul butt after he hits those two cars I was furious! Alexx and I then hauled butt chasing him down. We followed him to the exit where he stopped at a red light - perfect amount of time for me to call the cops, report a hit and run, give the license plate number, a detailed description of what he looks like, and yes even tell them he is turning right on "Marsalis" haha.

  Thankfully the rest of the weekend was good - my dad had a nice little family party Friday night and it was so nice to "unwind" with my family - just laughing and enjoying each others company. Saturday we went to the gym for awhile and spent the entire day with the kids. Sunday was my cousin, Lesley, birthday party - he was turning 30! I will have to do a entire post on him some other time - he is seriously one of my very best friends and life would be so dull without him! Then Monday I was to have a photo shoot, but they cancelled - so I was able to sleep in and clean and hang with the kids some before they went home ;)

  OH! And yes - I got a new car!!!! Well, its a used car - but brand new for me! I love love love it! Its a Chevy Equinox! I will get some pics posted soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment