Friday, March 26, 2010

My Cleaning Tips

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Im linking up with Kellys Korner for "Show Us Your Life - Cleaning Tips"

Let me tell you I HATE cleaning showers, especially the one in the my bedroom - it has a glass door. I have tried SO many things  - I have spent countless hours looking at products at the store and online to make this task easier...nothing I used seem to help that much. One day I had a friend call last minute to say she was heading over and I had to do a mad dash of cleaning. I had just colored my hair the night before so my shower looked like someone had possibly been murdered in there ha. I had no shower cleaner on hand - I was frantic so I grabbed what I had and a miracle happened! Something I had been buying for years was the miracle I had been looking for! What is it?


I know you think im crazy, but I promise you - I used the Clorox REGULAR (non bleach) toliet bowl cleaner  - I squirted it all over the walls and glass door and then let it sit for about 10 - 15 minutes and when I came back all the grossness literally wiped off. I still had to scrub certain areas a little bit but NOTHING like I had to do in the past! I have since tried the Lysol brand as well and it works well too. I have since gone crazy seeing what all this little gem can clean and let me tell you - ALOT. One of my favorites was a friend of mine had a big rust spot on the side of her house (ON WHITE BRICK) from where a pipe had busted. She tried everything to get that rust off and nothing worked- she tried the Clorox trick and it worked like a charm :)

Here are a few more I use on a normal basis:

1. Use baking soda as a carpet powder - just sprinkle all over - let sit up to 20 minutes and then vacuum up - not only does it neutralize smells but it also helps pull up pet hair (and its cheap!)

2. I always keep a spray bottle filled with equal parts white vinegar and water - its a great cleaner for the kitchen or for bad smells!

3.Use newspaper when cleaning glass or mirrors instead of rags or paper towels - newspaper works way better!

Can't wait to hear what cleaning tips you have!

Stephanie

7 comments:

  1. I am going to try out the newspaper thing! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dying for something to use on my glass shower doors! THANKS FOR SHARING.. I might just go try this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i HATE CLEANING THE SHOWER. i vow the next house i buy will have easy to clean shower set up. i have no tips....sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog from Kelly's Korner and I am so so excited to try the glass shower door trick! I have been searching for a solution to my ongoing shower prob, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from Kellys Korner's cleaning tips, and I have to say - you may be my new best friend! I tried your shower cleaning suggestion this weekend and can't stop raving about it!! Oh my gosh, I have never had such a clean shower, with so little scrubbing!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian & Sarah -

    Im assuming it was Sarah who left me the comment, if not, Brian please talk to my boyfriend about cleaning! ha So glad it worked for you - and im super glad to have a new best friend! haha

    God Bless!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete