Friday, January 29, 2010

Not what I expected

Ask me when I was under 18 what my life would look like in my mid to late 20's and I would of told that I would be stable, have a nice house, a great career or being a stay at home mom, at least one kid, an amazing husband and living a fairytale with my little family....

FAST FORWARD....

Here I am, almost 28 years old, and already divorced. Husband had a affair, got the other Stephanie pregnant (yes, me and the adulteress share the same name - lucky me). I work for my dad - so no I don't have a career. No kids - 2 miscarriages actually, but I do have a dog - who I treat as my child - yes, I could be called a crazy dog lady. I do have a lovely home, but thanks to the budding economy I may be selling it before to terribly long. Thankfully, God has blessed me with a great sense of humor so I give a toast to my 20's and laugh.

Funny how life has so many twists and turns - especially when you try everything to make it go a certain way. I'm a planner. I make lists. I take way to long to make decisions because I want to to look at every possible angle. So I had everything planned - but God has a different plan for me.

This is a glimpse into my life - I cant promise it will always be interesting, but I do promise it will be real. Be prepared for me to be brutally honest and maybe even sometimes a little offensive and I promise to update often. I have mainly wrote the last 2 sentences to hold myself accountable. :0/

S

No comments:

Post a Comment